Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

BearClaw Throw (LapRobe?)

As I mentioned before I am working on an afghan (well more of a lap-robe). To achieve the correct gauge I am using a size 10.5 circular needle, (ha! after working the pattern on #8(US) needles and discovering that it was way smaller than it should have been ;)), and because this is a first 'major' knitting project I am using an acrylic ($4.99/1lb skien, lot-free) worsted-weight yarn in 'taupe'. The pictures show it layed over our office chair, this is the first time even I have really seen it, and by gosh it really IS gorgeous!!!

Here are pictures of the continuing "Bear Claw" Afghan ... only another 30+ rows to go!!!A glimpse of the pattern ... up close and personal ...
Pics (C)2006 Author: W. Bates. All Rights Reserved.

I think I will re-do this pattern in the future in a softer yarn, somthing that really flows :D ... and as I've also figured out the pattern repeat I believe that it will be no less than twice (maybe three times?) as large - something really formidable! I am so excited :D ... I have many other projects in mind as well, and will post them as they progress :D - becaue I'm knit-crazy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home