Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Thursday, November 02, 2006

You can tell Winter is on its way ... brrrrr...

Today is the first really cold (freezing) day we've had since returning north. My hands are numb, my feet are numb, my nose is numb ... and runny (I hate colds having the flu!)... It froze solidly last night after being wet and rainy most of the day prior ... at least I got the yard mowed Tuesday! (lol, yup, in the middle of having the flu :))

We went to a new building for training last night, took our Aussie boy-dog (yup, that's him lookin your way!) with us and my DSH ran him and worked with him. It is lovely to see them learning and even when they struggle, you just know that the break-through is about to happen and that things will be 1,000x better the next week. We really have to pick up a set of 6-12 weave poles though, as all three of the dogs need mental exercise, and work on those weaves (the most challenging of all the agility obstacles to train - and learn!!).

The Afghan hasn't grown much since posting pics of it yesterday. I think I got two more rows completed, but that was far from my goal of at least six a day. After posting here I believe that I will hop under some blankets on the couch, turn on XM Classics and do some SERIOUS knitting (well, after my DSH comes home for lunch - we are so blessed that he should be able to return mid-day for sustenance from his job!!)

Knitting has given me the opportunity to make so many new friends and renew old friendships! I have even found a site (on about.com) listing local shops AND activities for knit-aholics in my local area, I'm beyond excitment!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home