Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election day ... socks?

It's election day - Don't forget to make your opinion heard - VOTE!!

Ok, so now that is said, :D. I honestly wanted to say HI! Been a long weekend ... traveled north to visit with family this weekend, and the weather got bad fast, as Northern weather usually does. Little did we know that our tires were, well, bald. We slipped into a speed limit post/slash/ditch, a kind samaritan pulled us out, after making fun of our FL liscense plate! Our beautiful car got all scratched up and the mirror (passenger side) was broke in the process .... then thinking it was only the road we continued on, and took a long steep hill - which we got down ok, but going back UP the thing was a different matter. I have NEVER gotten stuck going up a hill in the ice, but I will tell you right now it is one of the most terrifying moments of my life - my DH, was as terrified. Anyhow, we got to our destination with only a little bit of stress to cry out ;), and Saturday we replaced the mirror, and the tires - we're now ready for winter!

So I discovered that I"m doing my YO in my afghan wrong - been doing increases NOT true YO (ugh!) so the 'lace' pattern isn't nearly as obvious as it ought to be, but I"m chocking it up to learning and NOW I knot so my next "Bear Claw" will be correct :D. I will ahve to say though that the current way of knitting the design is by FAR warmer - fewer air holes :D.

I read somewhere that socks are an addiction, well I'm knitting obsessed, so I guess socks are just the next step, ;). sooooo ...

In honor of both my DH and Election day I have started my FIRST pair of socks - using homemade size 8 DPNs. I have two rows finished and reguardless of the color (worsted weight cotton variagated ombre). I'll post additional pictures as they are worked :). The Pattern you can find @ Knit-Addicted. I hope they turn out!!! I read somewhere that socks are an addiction, well I'm knitting obsessed, so I guess socks are just the next step, ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home