Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Different pattern - Different sock ...

[Pictures show right side, top, and bottom of first sock.]

OK, so yesterday I started a pair of socks, but the pattern needs some serious revamping and is terribly hard to understand! sooooo I decided to find another pattern that I can understand FIRST and go from there :).

So the pattern I decided to work on is from lionbrand.com - their Slouchie, Scrunchie, Slipper Socks.



The pattern calls for a larger needle and much heavier yarn, BUT I'm using the worsted (4ply) cotton, and size 8(us) DPNs (home-made ones, other than needing a little more sanding they're awesome!!), so the pattern of course is going to turn out WAY littler than if the correct needles and yarn (chunky Wool-Ease "Thick and Quick" by Lion Brand) ... that is fine with me, since I really wanted to do up a pair quick anyhow to prove to myself that I CAN do socks :). ...

and to find out if they're something I want to do at all ...

and I'm thoroughly enthralled!

Ok, so were you really wondering the outcome?

This first sock is so CUTE!!
The color isn't very appealing I don't think. It is a cone-cotton from Walmart I originally bought intending to make a billion or so dishcloths, and was available for 'practice'. AND I changed the pattern slightly to add some additional texture to the top of the sock (k3,p2,kib2 (this gives a twisted knit stitch),p2,k3) .

The pattern is knit cuff-to-toe, and at the end (toe) you gather the remaining stitches onto a thread, pull together and tie, then weave in the ends ... I didn't do it quite the same way as it doesn't tell at what point this needs to be done, so I inverted it and did a two-needle cast-off ... it looks ok, even if it is a little pointy. I'm sure there is a better way to finish the toe in this pattern ... and I'll find it eventually :D.

------>

Oh, and of course it being Wednesday, mid-week slump, and getting cloudy and cooling down, I had to share with you pictures of my Christmas Cactus - which is BLOOMING a little early this year ;) ...


... it is positivey eye-popping! I would love a darker pink, a red, a yellow, or (and ;)) a white one - eventually :D. This is my second year with this lovely plant, and I haven't killed it yet, which makes it that much more impressive, and special :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home