Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Monday, February 05, 2007

Civil War Shawl (in the Round)

ah! 'nother knitting project soon to be on the needles. I love the look of this shawl, and the size, and will be making it using wool fingering-weight yarn in "Chili Pepper", a lovely rich, red, purchased from JoJoSquare on eBay. I purchased 4400 yds. I'm participating in the Yahoo!Group Civil War Shawl KAL (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/), the group moderator has also set up a blog at http://civilwarshawlkal.blogspot.com/ .

I'm quite excited! I'll try to get some pics up of my progress as it goes.

Other projects on the needles ...
The 'blog mascot' has been put on hold. I did manage to knit one very cute little critter, but unfortunately it turned out differently than I had hoped and will be trying again ... I have looked at felting kits, and may try to work him out that way - I've always been intrigued by needle felting and think that it would be a good way to work it out.
The Leaf Stole is almost completed, after a long search for more yarn to finish (as I didn't purchase enough to make it longer). I plan to make it about 84-96" giving me enough to toss it over my head and once around my neck during worship.
I have also started a burgundy tunic length, dolman-style sweater with a cowl neck. It is basic, and my first sweater. I started it with acrylic yarn (a 'pounder' type) and will be continuing with the same. I expect that it won't be the most comfortable sweater I will ever create, but I had to start something in the interim while I was searching for more yarn for the stole.
I have several other projects in the works, I have decided that next year's christmas tree will be covered with snowflakes and crocheted ornaments. I am very excited and have already made half-dozen and will continue at least one every-other day or so and stiffen them upon completion of about 50 or so ... I also want to make a tree top either an angel or star, we'll see :).
I am also designing another shawl as well as several other items that I will be adding pictures and updates about as they progress.
I am also participating in the AtMyHouse (yahoo!group) bookmark exchange and am using some home-spun wool to create the exchange item. It will be my first exchange, so we'll see how it goes. I'm eagerly anticipating the possibilities, and another reason to knit!

Anyhow, plans continue in the works, and I can't wait to start the shawl, and finish the stole and sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home