Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Thursday, December 14, 2006

12 Days of Christmas ... 11 to go!

Let me see ... are the 12 days of Christmas before? or after? ... Well my DH's b'day is the 13th so I count that as the FIRST day of the 12 days of Christmas. So counting down ...

On the second day of Christmas ...

I have not ever BEGUN to shop for the gifts for family and friends ... I don't know what to do for any of them. OUR own christmas is well ... pretty much done, we're even contemplating a non-tree christmas ;) ... heaven forfend :).

Anyhow, I finished my knit-socks, I really like them, but they need washed already :). I have two other projects on the needles right now - a scarf for my hubby (my design) in worsted acrylic yarn. A neutral off-white color and about 10" wide, cabled - it looks somewhat 'aran' or perhaps 'fisherman' in design, but I couldn't do a garter stitch, too boring :).

My other project on the needles is a lace pattern based off of the 'knitty' pattern - "Branching Out" (link soon). I've modified this gorgeous pattern to make it 4x wider, using a creamy MicroSpun yarn from Lion Brand it is going to be lovely soft and shimmery - more a stole/shawl than a scarf, and will be used as a head-covering during worship and prayer (1 Cor 11:1-16). I have completed one pattern set ... and have about 80 or so more to go ... it takes a bit of time to knit each pattern as there is a great deal of counting and details that make the pattern so lovely.

I love knitting socks, and am looking for recommendations of soft, thin (fingering/sport/dk) yarns. I have decided that my next side-line project will be raising Angora rabbits ... and spinning my own yarns!

I am also searching regularly on eBay for sets of needles - something to defray the cost of getting all-new ones, all the time! As well as yarns, books, patterns, etc.

I have not set aside my want (or desire) to knit a couple sweaters either, though they will be on hold until I get the current two projects bound off.

--->
On the trading note things lately have been very volitile, and though I'm making headway, it is slow-going and I'm having difficulty positioning myself on winning trades. We shall see what the remainder of the month, brings. I anticipate that the beginning of the year will bring some decision and perhaps some trends into view that I will be able to profit from. :).
<---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home