Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy New Year!!

Ok, so, we actually have had some visitors this week ... in-laws visited on Tuesday much to our delight. They made it with minimal turning around :) ... and that 's an accomplishment since it is their first time here. I made dinner (a turkey, smashed potatoes, beans, gravy, and fresh home-made bread ... mmmmm!)

MY parents came down yesterday (Wednesday), and we installed a ceiling fan in the "florida room"/office/game-room (room surrounded by windows - one of my favorite rooms in the house! It is of the Hampton Bay variety with a black motor casing/blade holders, and black or rosewood blades. Very classy - my DH is AWESOME as he found this beautiful fixture at Home Depot and it now graces our front room. I have to say it is a blessing that we got it - it gave my parents something to do while they were here. They are fine with just relaxing, but it is always best to do so after something has been accomplished.

We've also learned a new card-game. It is tough to play games just my DH and I, so company gives us the opportunity to have some fun and learn or play games :). We now know Rook! I'll have to say that my DH is suprised that I am as good at it as I am already, since I've only played it twice now, but I understand the game and am even good at strategy! ( I love suprising him!)

I have another billion rows to do on his cabled scarf (ugh! will it EVER end!!!). I haven't touched my prawer shawl in DAYS, and want to complete the scarf so that I can concentrate on my shawl. It is going to be so lovely when it is done! I am excited about getting back to it :).

Another project I am working on is a CD/DVD cabinet for our collection. I promised DH that I would MAKE something that is worthy of use, NOT something that we can buy off the shelf, put together, and have look like poo ... I want something LOVELY, something I have a vested interest in and something that I can say with pride - I made that! It will be no less than 15"x15"x28". I may make two of them ... one taller than the other. I want to a) prove that I am handy, and b) prove that furniture doesnt' have to be crap to be useful and beautiful.

The dogs have also enjoyed the repeated visitors and have proven that they can behave around company. Today we're alone, and though it's been slow (nice and quiet), it is still wonderful to know that our families aren't totally against visiting us here in Pitts.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stay tuned for resolutions and more :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home