Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Monday, November 27, 2006

More Yarn Please!!

You know how when you are just starting something you need to accumulate the tools to do that thing correctly, but once you have the tools you can do almost anything wihtout having to replace or add to the assortment of tools that you have? Well that is about where I am with knitting ;) ... Each new project needs yarns, needles, and various accessories. Yup, I'm in the "need more yarn" phase right now. I have this pattern for a 'seamless' man's sweater, knit with fingering-weight yarn on sizes #2 and #3 (us) double pointed needles. Well it recommends 14" double-pointed needs, and I cannot for the life of me find dpns of that length, so I'm going to get the appropriate sizes in circular - 4 of each size to cover my bases ... and then 15, 50oz balls/skiens of fingering weight yarn ... about $35-45 worth of yarn wool or wool-blend yarn! Knit-pics has lovely solid-colored fingering-weight yarn they recommend for Fairisle knitting called "Pallette" yarn. I am thinking about using this for the sweater as it is not too expensive, and a wool yarn. eBay too, has a large number of sellers specializing in wool, wool-blends, and other natural fibers for knitting ... in most of the weights. Some of the yarn is just GORGEOUS ... and I will be trying to win a couple of those auctions for socks (which I LOVE knitting up).

Thanksgiving was great, and the trades I was watching were impressive. I may have a good portion of my 'learning losses' recouped by beginning of the year - which would be AWESOME! Lord willing I'll be able to continue my learning and improved pip-catching ability and make trading work for us more and more! :)

Great Quote:
"Great Opportunities come to all, but many do not know they have met them. The only preparation to take advatage of them is simple fidelity to watch what each day brings" ~ Albert Danning



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home