Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Toe up ... or Top down

gosh - delving into socks is incredible ;) ... there is so much to learn - and even MORE to discover :) ... ok, so the footies/sock/slippers I practiced on are top-down, with a little gather at the toe with the remaining stitches, and a little pointy toe. It's cool .... but I've discovered there is another way to do socks - from the toe UP ... this is for me a wonderful discovery, like finding the first new leaf buds in spring.

After I stitch up a pair of footies for my hubby with the worsted weight cotton, I'm going to purchase some smaller metal needles, some fingering or sport weight yarn and make some real SOCKS :) ... my ambition and ultimate goal is to knit myself first a pair of stockings, and second a pair of fishnet stockings (of which I found an awesome pattern) ... I love knitting the bigger things, afghans, sweaters, etc. but I think that socks are d'bomb ;).

>>> MARK YOUR CALENDAR >>> Leonid Meteor Shower November 18! Will be visible best in the wee morning hours US EST and east through the wee morning hours of the UK and Europe... I pray that the weather is as clear next weekend as it is tonight!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home