Knit-along lil'Doggy

I have found Knitting to be a great therapy and wonderful for stress relief ... life is never dull, and more often hectic and crazy :), being able to pull my knitting out of its bag and even do one or two rows really helps me to refocus and recenter.

Signature Jus'anuth'r Knitter (W.B.)
Location Pennsylvania, United States
See my complete profile

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Raining? Nope ... POURING!

You know how when it rains it generally pours. Or how events (good and bad) usually come in threes - like it takes us at least three times to learn the lesson the Lord is trying to teach us?

Yeah, well that is how the past week (or more) has been ... first we slip in to the ditch in bad weather, then we get stuck on a hill (in the same bad weather) so new tires, new brakes ... then we find out that the car won't pass emissions in our county so we have to put into the car new sensors, clean and practically re-build the engine and it STILL shows the idiot light that is causing all the problems ... so we have to find a new car. Eh, that's not so bad, but financing becomes an issue, and after we've given up, the Lord says, ok, you can have it afterall.

ARRRGH!! Sometimes I just want life to be simple again - the simplicity that comes with childhood!

Anyhow ... I've finished the second 'little ombre' sock, as well as a 'sack' sock for my hubby ... sounds weird I know, but I did too many stitches on the sock so it looks WAY too big - so we call it the 'sack sock', and I finished a REAL footie/slipper sock for him just last night! Third time is the charm? It is really cute, and fits his lovely feet very well ... I am now working on the pther half of this pair so that he doesn't have to wear the 'sack' sock to keep his lovely tootsies warm :).

I bound off the Afghan last Saturday as well, it has 21 rows, but the YO in the pattern I didn't do right (sigh - that is why it is a first attempt! They ended up knitting like increases rather than leaving the typical YO hole.) But even so it is a nice size for a lap (keeps the knees very warm) or even around the shoulders (it is just the right size for around my shoulders ... it may even someday double as a baby-size blanket. The "Bear Claw" pattern is lovely and I'm very thrilled that it turned out as well as it did, and the next time I do it, it will be bigger - bluer ;) - and the YO will be right!

Anyhow ... knitting has added a great point of stress relief, and has helped me to relax and focus - as I have mentioned many times before - and will probably do so again in the future many times! :) ... I'm so glad for knitting!!!

Anyhow, now I just need to find a really nice fingering or sport weight yarn so I can knit myself some REAL comfy socks (knitty.com has so many cool patterns I want to try!!)

Catch y'all later, and God Bless!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home